It is important to provide children with a suitable environment with lots of positive and quality experiences during their first five years, since as with all other developmental areas, children develop speech and language skills the most during the first five years of their life. A quality nursery such as the Lollipop Nursery provides your child with a safe, hygienic and welcoming environment, where they can interact with other children of their similar age group as well as learn, grow and develop with ample age appropriate activities, under the guidance of qualified & experienced staff.
If your child is suffering from speech & language disorders, a quality nursery is an additional option that is recommended by most Speech and Language Pathologists (SLP). Even online forums such as http://windsorpeak.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?386630-Did-preschool-help-your-child-with-a-speech-delay, discusses on how a good quality nursery can help your child with developing his/her speech and language disorders. However, if you feel your child has a speech and language disorder, it is important to primarily meet a pediatrician or speech therapist to determine the root cause of the disorder and to prevent it at the earliest.
Here are a few of the activities that we do in our nursery that may help your child
- Your child is spending time away from watching TV, laptops, mobile phones, tablets or online sources such as youtube etc.
- At the Nursery, we have story time where teachers read stories to the students and interact with them. We also involve parents to read to our students with story time, finger puppet shows etc…
- Our staff motivates children to speak and express themselves through quality interactions and by asking appropriate questions during activities.
- Depending on their age, we give opportunities to our students to stand and talk in front of the class – to say their name, gender, age, sing songs, rhymes etc.. This motivates the others to take part as well. This would also help boost their confidence.
- Playing and interacting with others is an important part of speech therapy. At the nursery, we encourage ample playtime with other children and we conduct multiple group activities.
- Dramatic play or pretend play, helps children develop imagination and develop better language skills.
- Phonics, Counting, identifying colors, shapes, learning alphabets etc.. are an integral part of our learning system.
- Music and Rhymes are included as part of our weekly themes and is incorporated into circle time.
- Our learning centers, such as building blocks, fine motor skills center, science center etc provide ample opportunities for play and improve their imagination and critical thinking skills.