April 8th - 12th
Theme of the Week : Transportation
What We Learnt This WeeK
- Learning Letters B, C & D with phonic sounds and flash cards.
- Sorting and pasting different modes of transportation.
- Reading aloud and counting numbers from 1 to 10.
- Tracing and coloring numbers 1 to 5.
- Joining the dot and coloring worksheets.
- Counting the number of different types of transportation and writing that number.
- Block center activity – making numbers 1,2 & 3 using blocks.
- Shapes – learning names of the shapes Circle and Triangle and counting sides of a Triangle.
- Tracing shapes.
- Learn colors of various fruits & vegetables.
- We learnt about transportation with a thermocol model made by our teachers.
- We went on an amazing field trip to the Sharjah Aquarium.
- We celebrated Yohan’s Birthday and had yummy cakes and chocolates.
- Along with lots of songs and rhymes, we also read the story – The Not So Perfect Princess.
Our Weekly Tip for Parents
Get your child excited in reading by reading together every day.
Read to your child every day. Build your child’s vocabulary by talking about interesting words and objects. For example, “Look at that airplane! Those are the wings of the plane.” Make it sound exciting and fun! Make this a warm and loving time when the two of you can cuddle close. Repetition helps, therefore, go ahead and read your child’s favorite book a 50th time if they want you too!
Next Week’s Events
Next Weeks Theme : Summer Clothing
Along with all the learning activities planned we have also arranged a few main fun events:
- April 16th – We are arranging Water play for the children.
- April 19th – We are celebrating Sharjah Reading Week and all mothers are invited for story-telling day. The children will also be performing a fun summer clothing fashion show.
Hooray! Our App is finally set to be released for our parents on Tuesday, 17th 2018. We hope you are as excited as we are! The link to download the App will be sent to our parents shortly.
Photo Of The Week
At the Aquarium