Theme of the Week : Environment Week
What We Learnt This WeeK
To name a few of the main activities….
- Planting in the Maisaloon park.
- Learning Letters I, J & K with phonic sounds and tracing on white board.
- Learning new rhyme: Have you seen the green green trees
- Our children were explained the importance of conserving electricity & water through educational pictures and videos.
- Counting and sorting different types of beans.
- Count the number of items in the trash can and circle the correct number.
- Color the picture of earth according to the matching number and color, i.e 1-green, 2-brown, 3-blue etc
- Soil exploration by plating the vegetable garden.
- Place animals based on whether they are land or water animals, on a play dough based earth model.
- Art & Craft : Paper plate smiley earth and balloon stamping earth.
- Dramatic play: Creating a recycling center and separating trash items based on whether they are paper, plastic, glass.
- Explanation on how to keep environment clean.
This Week's Main Events
As part of the environment week, our children learned about the various issues impacting the environment, as well as the different actions we can take to improve and sustain it.
- With permissions from the Municipality, our children and staff had visited the Maisaloon park to plant plants.
- They learnt more about recycling.
Our Weekly Tip for Parents
Teach your child about the environment.
It is important for children to be taught of the benefits of nurturing the environment and to instill a sense of respect and care for the natural environment. Today’s children need to be made aware of the impacts that their decisions and actions can have on the environment and the responsible actions that they would need to take to sustain the environment. As parents, we can educate our children from a very young age by talking to them in an easier to understand language about the various concepts that affect the environment and that nourishes the environment. A few of the concepts that you can talk about include
- The concepts of recycling.
- When you are outdoors you can talk about the surrounding environment, the trees, the plants, the sky etc, their importance, how beautiful nature is etc
- If you have a garden, let your child help you with gardening. You can also teach your child the process or gardening and the importance of watering the plants regularly.
- About Air, water pollution and its impacts.
- Not littering in the environment.
There are many ways in which you can educate your child about the importance of the environment. The important point though is to be a role model to your children.
Next Week’s Events
Next Week’s Theme : All About Me
The main aim of the theme is to help children learn more about themselves, the things they can do and their interests. They also learn that every one is unique and special.
Photo Of The Week
Planting at the Maisaloon Park
Note:- We would like to extend our heartfelt gratitude to the Sharjah Municipality for permitting our children and staff for carrying out the plating activity at the Maisaloon park.